Monday, 28 January 2013

... To the benefits of being shortsighted!

When I first got them obviously I was crushed that my own vanity and idiocy had added an extra goofy feature to my face. Fairly unnecessary to mention that I watched too much TV for my own good but also I thought my friends coke bottle glasses made me look funny.
Now days I can’t imagine a day without these beauties perched on my face! Let’s go through the list of why people who wear glasses are so much more awesome then you shall we;

1. No matter your IQ if you wear glasses people INSTANTLY assume you're smart.

2. The hot librarian effect: where the wearer becomes attractive the moment the lenses leave their face. "Oh look little old Miss Grundy sorting books; oh she drops her glasses, BAH DOW HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!" 

3. Automatic accessory for your FACE! "Hmmm do I need to mangle my face with tattoos and piercings or makeup to make a statement...NO because I wear glasses BITCHES!" I mean that in the most respectful way.

4. People are always concerned about your eyesight, especially when you’re driving.
         "It says on your licence that you need corrective lenses?"
         "Yes it does, thank you for noticing!"
         "Do you have them with you?
         "Yup right here in my pocket!"
         "You do realise you just hit a cat?"
          "Yes....yes I did...."
(No cats were harmed in the making of this blog)

5. (one of my personal favorites) pretend not to notice someone as you pass them in the halls...I have pulled this move more often than I am proud of (that’s a lie IM REALLY PROUD OF IT) if I notice an acquaintance walking towards me, and I don’t feel like pretending like I know their name I pull off my glasses, hold them up to the light, and act like the lenses are the most fascinating thing in the world, and then when they get closes enough I start polishing them as if my life depended on it!
             "Hey, I saw you in the hall yesterday"
             "Oh hey .....You....did you really?"
             "You were cleaning your glasses so you must not have seen me"
             "*evil inner snicker* yam my eye sights horrible..."

6. If you wear glasses you are instantly part of the exclusive group called EVERYBODY. admit it, if you and a friend both wear glasses at some point in your lives you’ve tried each other’s glasses on and commented on how 'blind' the other person is or asked or been asked about your 'power' just for shits and giggles.

7. (Another one of my favorites) you can make funny faces with them. I stuck the earpieces into the corners of my mouth and pulled up until my front teeth were showing, I laughed hard enough to shoot yesterday’s milk out of my nose. Go ahead try it....not the milk part...the making faces part.

I’ll admit that wearing glasses has its faults, not in public, but we are pretty awesome in general. So if you’re dreading getting that first or back up pair, just remember that no matter what 'frame' YOURE AWESOME!
Alright week 4 and already behind, awesome...
hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment